With one month left in the year, and 48 books completed, here is my list of the 5 best I read in 2017 so far. This could change in the next month or so, although it would require a really good book to knock any of these five off the list.
- Assignment to Hell: The War Against Nazi Germany with Correspondents Walter Cronkite, Andy Rooney, A.J. Liebling, Homer Bigart, and Hal Boyle by Timothy M. Gay
- Red: The Life & Times of a Great American Writer by Ira Berkow
- Casey Stengel by Marty Appel
- Leonardo Da Vinci by Walter Isaacson
- Coming into the Country by John McPhee
Lots of good honorable mentions, but I’ll save those for closer to the end of December.