Tag: household


Shortly after my last post, there was a fire in my house!

We were in the kitchen and heard a noise in the bathroom. So we walked around the corner and looked in. My first reaction was: where did all of those gnats come from? It looked as though a nest of gnats exploded in the bathroom. Then I looked at the floor. The plastic grating for the ceiling fan had fallen onto the shower mat and was on fire. I looked up at the ceiling. The fan was on fire too! I ran to the kitchen and grabbed the fire extinguisher and within seconds had both small fires put out.

(At first, I told Kelly to get the fire extinguisher but she didn’t know where it was.)

With the fire out, all that was left was to clean up. At this point, with the exception of some smoke damage in a small area around the fan in the ceiling, there is no obvious damage, and other than the smell, you wouldn’t even know a fire took place.

It looks as though the cause was that the fan overheated.

Some pictures…