I ran into this meme while reading shunn‘s blog on my friends page today. Since it had to do with books, I just couldn’t resist:
- One book that changed your life?
The Nine Planets by Franklyn Mansfield Branley. I read this book repeatedly in first grade and it turned me on to astronomy and the mysteries of the universe.
- One book you have read more than once?
Forward the Foundation by Isaac Asimov.
- One book you would want on a desert island?
Lost Horizon by James Hilton. For the calming effect it had one me when I read it.
- One book that made you laugh?
Living It Up by George Burns. I don’t think I stopped laughing through the entire book.
- One book that made you cry?
The very end of The Forever War by Joe Haldeman. Sometimes you read a book and have a feeling about how it is going to affect you. And other books sneak up on you without warning. This was one of those books.
- One book you wish had been written?
The Scenes of Life: The Autobiography of Isaac Asimov, 1980-2000.
- One book you wish had never been written?
Can’t think of one off the top of my head. I’ll come back to this one later.
- One book you are currently reading?
Our Oriental Heritage by Will Durant.
- One book you have been meaning to read?
Moby Dick by Herman Melville.
- Now tag five people.
I’m going to use shunn‘s example and instead of mail-bombing people, invite anyone who wants to, to post this meme on their blog and say you saw it here.