Earlier in the week, I posted about how I created a custom short fiction template for Scrivener. A number of people asked me if I could make that template available for download and I have now done this. You can download the template here:
ETA (11/15/2022): I did indeed once have a custom short fiction template for Scrivener that was downloadable. I created it more than 10 years ago, and in various updated, plug-in changes, migrations, etc., I eventually lost the template and it no longer exists. I figured I should update this post, since I get an occasional inquiry about the template now and then.
A few things to keep in mind about this template:
- It was created in Scrivener 2.1
- It has only been tested on the Mac. I have no idea if it will work in Scrivener for Windows
- Download it as-is. I’m happy to share it but I have no time to support or enhance it.
Here is how you install the template:
- Download the file
- Unzip the file on your desktop
- Move the file into the ~/Library/Application Support/Scrivener/ProjectTemplates folder
Once you’ve done those steps, when you create a new project in Scrivener and choose “Fiction” you should see the template appear in the list of available templates. Enjoy!
ETA: You can customize the template to include your own contact info on the First Page Header document. Once you’ve made the changes, go to File… Save As Template to save your customizations with the template.