October may be a rare month for boys* but it looks to be a great month for books. I don’t know why, but there are a ton of books that I am looking forward to reading coming out in October. Here are some of them:
- Letters from an Astrophysicist by Neil deGrasse Tyson (October 8)
- Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years by Julie Andrews (October 15)
- Edison by Edmund Morris (October 22)
- The Life and Afterlife of Harry Houdini by Joe Posnanski (October 22)
Agent Running in the Field by John le Carré (October 22)
- Walt Whitman’s America: A Cultural Biography by David S. Reynolds (October 29)
- Charlotte’s Web by E. B. White (Full cast audiobook starring Meryl Streep) (October 29)
- Blue Moon: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child (October 29)
These are just books coming out in October, above and beyond the books I have queued up to read soon. Having recently gone through my worst reading drought in nearly two years (I read only 5 books in August, my lowest since January 2018), it is an embarras de richesse to have so many books to look forward to.
*A reference to Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury.