It has been a while since I’ve written about book that I am eagerly awaiting. In fact, I’m not sure that I’ve done it this year so far. 2020, being what it is, has gotten the best of me, and I’m behind in my reading. I’d set a goal of 110 books for the year, and I’m presently about 10 books behind pace (I’ve finished 74 books as of this writing). I will likely finish my 75th book of the year later today. Here are some of the books that I am looking forward to reading over the next several weeks:
- Is This Anything? by Jerry Seinfeld.
- The Vagabonds: The Story of Henry Ford and Thomas Edison’s Ten Year Road Trip by Jeff Guinn
- The Man Who Ran Washington: The Life and Times of James A. Baker III by Peter Baker and Susan Glasser
- Cubed: The Puzzle of Us All by Erno Rubik
- The Polymath: A Cultural History from Leonardo da Vinci to Susan Sontag by Peter Burke
- The Furious Sky: The Five Hundred Year History of America’s Hurricanes by Eric Jay Dolin
- Presidents vs. the Press: The Endless Battle Between the White House and the Media by Harold Holtzer
- Mad at the World: A Life of John Steinbeck by William Souder
There are other books I’m looking forward to, but they don’t come out until early next year, including books by Simon Winchester, Stephen King, and Cal Newport. But the list is a few of the ones that I’m looking forward to for the fall.