I can’t recall the last time I went more than 2 months without posting something here on the blog. I’ll try not to let that happen again.
Things have been busy: busy with work; busy with kids distance-learning; busy with a couple of kids in school classroom learning; busy with life in general.
The busy days have even impacted my reading. For the first time in several years, I am not going to reach my reading goal for the year. I set a goal of 110 books this year. At present I’ve read 88 with two more likely to be complete before the year is out, for an even 90. Part of the reason is this general busyness. Part of it is the long books I’ve taken on this year. Six of the books I’ve read this year have been over 1,000 pages:
- The Dark Tower by Stephen King (1,050 pages)
- The Reformation by Will Durant (1,025 pages)
- Truman by David McCullough (1,120 pages)
- Master of the Senate by Robert A. Caro (1,167 pages)
- The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson (1,007 pages)
- Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson (1,088 pages)
The two remaining books (Oathbringer and Rhythm of War, both by Sanderson) are each over 1,100 pages. That’s totals around 8,700 pages in just 7 books! Which, you know, takes time.
Anyway, I just wanted to pop in and say that I am alive and well, and plan on getting back to some sort of regular posting schedule here, and to apologize for being away for so long.
Thanks for sticking around!