Up at 4:30 AM and discovered that the Yankees clinched the division last night. Since it was cool enough this morning at that dark hour, I decided to bring out the Yankees jacket today in honor of the Yankees ninth consecutive division series and the cooling off of the weather.
My right knee still felt pretty sore as I did my warm ups on the elliptical this morning. A day or two of rest should help. I hope.
Exercise group 1
- Dumb bell press. 3 sets (first 2 @ 35 lbs in each arm; last @ 30 lbs in each arm). 12/12/12
- Abdominal crunches (on bench, knees to chest). 3 sets. 25/25/25
- Bench pushups. 3 sets. 12/12/12
Exercise group 2
- Seated row. 2 sets @ 70 lbs; 1 set @ 60 lbs. 12/12/12
- Jump rope. 3 sets. 40/40/40
Exercise group 3
- Inclined chest press. 3 sets @ 65 lbs. 12/12/10
- Pull-ups. 3 sets. 10/10/8
Exercise group 4
- Pec-fly. 3 sets @ 60 lbs. 12/12/15
- Crunches. 3 sets. 30/40/40
- Lat pull. 3 sets @ 60 lbs. 12/12/15
I expressed my frustration at my weak upper body strength to Bernard today. I said that it didn’t feel like I was getting any stronger because it seems just as hard now as it did when I started. Bernard pointed out that is because the weight has been increasing. Oh yeah. I forgot about that. He also mentioned that my stomach was visibly flattening out. I’d noticed that but wasn’t sure. That’s what happens, I suppose, when you do 200 crunches/day and stop eating carbs for dinner.
I signed up for another 8 sessions. Bernard still owes me one, so I am scheduled for two sessions next week: Tuesday and Thursday, as usual. Both at 6 AM. After that, I’m going to meet with Bernard once per week instead of twice and begin to do more of the workouts on my own.