Back to work

I came back to work today after a month of vacation. I can’t believe it went by so quickly! I was up at 4:30 AM in order to go to the gym this morning. When I got into my office, I found that it had been graffitied with Red Sox stuff everywhere. Actually, that doesn’t even begin to describe it. I have some pictures that I will post later. But just to give you a taste:

There were streamers everywhere, and connected to everything in my office. Photos of people decimating my room were taped up everywhere. Photos from famous Red Sox games and from embarrassing Yankee game moments were also posted all over my office. Everywhere! Not a space was left blank. My chair was wrapped in cellophane, as was my phone, keyboard and mouse. Hundreds of pennies served as impromptu carpeting for the floor. All of my useful tools (scissors, stapler, etc.) had mysteriously vanished, as had my trashcan. Photoshopped pictures of me wearing a Red Sox hat were posted here and there. Even my calendar didn’t escape the blasphemy!

I undid enough to allow to me sit on my chair and use my computer. The rest, I’ll leave up for a while, in honor of everyone’s hard work to put it all together. I met Carmen and Leanna for breakfast at 7:30 AM, after I had gotten through a little mail. Apparently, it was there idea to get me to breakfast before I saw my office, but I’m in too early for that. Still, it’s nice to be loved!

Oh, and I had predicted around 2,000 email messages, which now looks as though it was a delusion of grandeur on my part. I had 615 email messages I needed to work through when I got back to the office today and I’ve gone through just about every one of them.

I still have some updates from this weekend to make, as well as from the two previous Sundays (in Naples and London). I will get to them as soon as I can, but for now, it will have to wait. But rest assured, I will get to them. I’m not a completist for nothing.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.