Terrible night’s sleep last night.  We went to bed around 10 pm and then I was up at 2 am and could not get back to sleep.  I tried reading, I tried going into the guest room.  I tossed and turned. Nothing seemed to work.  It was not until almost 6 am that I finally got back to sleep–and then had to get up in order to feed the cats.  When I fell asleep again, I had dreams about not being able to sleep.  It was raining out and I decided to sleep in and head into work late.  I would have been useless had I not.

I got some writing done today.  In two session, I rewrote the first scene of the March story, taking into consideration some feedback I’d gotten on the opening to another story of mine.  In this case, I was trying to provide as much information about what was happening in the story as quickly as I could–and then allowing the reader to wonder how it will all work out in the end.  In the earlier story, I was holding back to much and that can be irritating to the reader.  Hopefully I’m doing a better job.  I certainly have a much better grasp of the story now and so long as I can find the time to work on it, I think it will go much more quickly.  My guess is that it will be somewhere between 8,000 – 10,000 words by the time I’m finished.

No mail today, which is unusual for a Monday.

I’m 228 pages through In Memory Yet Green, but I’m taking a break from it tonight in order that I can attack my backlog of science magazines.  Tonight I’m going to try and get through as much as I can of the February 28-March 8 issue of NEW SCIENTIST.

I got the crib secured tonight and we were able to put in the mattress and sheets.  All that’s left is to put in the bedding and, of course, the baby.

Looking fairly certain that the new rollout for the ITSM project will be June 8 as opposed to May 4. That is a blessing and a curse.

Originally published at From the Desk of Jamie Todd Rubin. You can comment here or there.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.