For s.f. readers, you probably enjoy skimming through Locus’s list of forthcoming books. The latest issue has the list through September 2007, and while it is far from complete, I enjoy skimming the list because I like looking for authors whose books I enjoy reading. Here are some from the list that I am particularly looking forward to:
- Barry Malzberg: Breakfast in the Ruins (April 2007). This looks as though it is a kinds of sequel to Malzberg’s awesome The Engines of the Night commentary on science fiction. I am a very big Barry Malzberg fan. I own something like 35 of his books.
- Robert J. Sawyer: Rollback (April 2007). This is the full novel version of the serial that recently appeared in ANALOG.
- Ray Bradbury: Now and Forever: Somewhere a Band is Playing & Leviathan ’99 (July 2007). Not sure what this is, but I’ll buy and read anything with Ray Bradbury’s name on it.
- William Gibson: Spook Country (August 2007). Gibson’s novels are few and far between, but I really like them.
- Joe Haldeman: The Accidental Time Machine (August 2007). I’ve enjoyed every Haldeman book that I’ve read. I look forward to August each year because over the last several years, Joe has released a new book each August.