Productive Saturday

We had dinner with AJ and Denisse last night at Bertucci’s and it was a lot of fun seeing them and hanging out with them for a while. Also, our “Save the Date” post cards arrived, and they look great! They were made by he11o_sunshine over at Buttercream Cards and we love them!

This had to have been one of the most productive Saturday’s we’ve had in a long time. We had a plan when the day began and both Kelly and I were surprised to just how well our plan worked out.

First, we went to the gym. I hadn’t eaten and my legs were sore from yesterday’s lower body workout so I only did 10 minutes of cardio, but I augmented it with a couple of sets of upper body and core work. After the gym and a shower, we packed up Kelly’s laundry (to bring to my house) and then headed over to Potomac Yard (driving past our new house) in order to stop in at the Men’s Wearhouse and arrange tuxedos for the wedding. We suspected that would take some doing, but it turned out to be incredibly easy. Both Kelly and I are equally decisive and don’t hem and haw over decisions. I saw what I liked, Kelly liked what I liked and we took it. We arranged and account whereby our groomsman can get fitted and either pick their tuxes up where they live, or locally here in our area.

With that task done, we headed to my house. We stopped briefly at the house to drop off Kelly’s laundry, and then headed back out. We went to Home Depot to pick up some canvas work gloves, and then headed to the grocery store to do the shopping for the week. Then it was back to my house. We made our lunches (we were pretty hungry) and watched the end of The Shawshank Redemption. We then prepared for the big task of the day: cleaning out the garage.

I have been dreading the task of cleaning out my garage for years now. Junk has accumulated in there to the point where it was pretty full. The garage is a one-car garage but it has what is essentially a fully workshop on one side. Aside from being filled with boxes that were put there 6 years ago when I first moved in, there was 6 years worth of dust, bugs, mouse and raccoon droppings. I estimated it would take me several hours on three or four weekends to get the job done.

Kelly and I got most of the job done in 90 minutes.

Again, decisiveness and teamwork were key. We’d look in boxes. I’d make a quick decision as to whether it was something I wanted to keep or not (90% of the time, the answer was “not”). Kelly would then quickly decide if it was in any condition to donate. If it was, we set it aside. If not, we bagged it as trash and moved on. When we’d gotten just about everything done, we swept the garage clean. I couldn’t believe just how well we worked it all out and how quickly we did it. I have some pictures which I will upload at some point to show just how successful we were. The garage is virtually empty. All that’s left is “bulk” trash which is picked up on Thursday’s in my neighborhood.

After cleaning the garage, we showered and then rested for a while. We then addressed just about all of the “Save the Date” cards well be sending out (I have three more to do but need some additional address information. We went to Boston Market to grab some dinner and while eating dinner (and afterward) watched Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

We worked hard today and got a lot done. Kelly even managed to do a ton and a half of laundry while all of this is going on. We don’t have nearly as much to do tomorrow, but it sure felt good getting a lot done today.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.