I’ve been trying to spend my Sunday’s offline–disconnected from Internets, phones, TV, etc. I did pretty good today, with one or two small exceptions. I had another busy day planned and I did pretty good:
- Did the grocery shopping for the week
- Completed all of the paperwork I need to submit to our accountant for tax season
- Prepared all the paperwork I need to submit to our financial advisor
- Got through the two most recent NEW SCIENTIST magazines (I still have the latest SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN)
- Vacuumed upstairs
- Cooked dinner. Tonight we had shrimp scampi with a side of zucchini and walnuts. Stay-tuned for the dinner we’re having tomorrow. Yum!
I started reading Adam-Troy Castro’s novelette, "Among the Tchi" in the May 2009 ANALOG on the recommendation of mabfan . So far it’s hilarious!
I plan on getting a little more reading done this evening, this time in The Way the Future Was. And then at 8, I’m planning on an hour’s worth of work on "Depression Baby". I had some good thoughts and a few notes on another story that I plan on working on in June.
I cast my Hugo award ballot this weekend. It turns out that I didn’t read a single new s.f. novel in 2008. My most significant votes were for the novelette, "Empty Spaces" and the short story "I Remember the Future"both by Michael A. Burstein (mabfan ). And for Best Editor, Short Form, I voted for Stanley Schmidt, editor of ANALOG.
Up at 4 AM tomorrow and then I’m locking myself in my office to make progress on some training materials for a training session I’ll be leading in mid-March.
And a quick HAPPY BIRTHDAY shout-out to cdjensen !