Writing and wrapup

I did a little bit of work on “If By Reason of Strength…” this evening, about 350 words or so. The pace of the story is moving a bit slowly, but at this point, I’m just trying to get the story out. I can tighten it up once I’ve got the first draft written. I got about halfway through part 3, of the 6 parts I’ve got outlined so far. I’ve still got more outlining to do, but I wanted to get in some writing tonight, especially since I didn’t manage to get any done last night.

I did pretty good today. 5 meals (so far–I’m still due for my evening snack!) and it was just as tough eating about every three hours today as it was yesterday. But I did it. I’ve had 1.5 liters of water so far, but I’m still due to have a little more before bed (9:30 tonight). I did my workout and I stuck to my plan. Two days in a row now. I’m feeling pretty good, but 2 days out of 209 is barely noticeable. I’ve got a long way to go.

I am going up to New York the weekend before Christmas to hang out with jen_ashlock and jkashlock. They are heading to L.A. on Christmas Eve and I will head back down here that same evening. I’m going up there early on the 22nd. I imagine the Acela will be pretty crowded that day, but it gives me the opportunity to put my Amtrak Guest Rewards Select membership to the test. I can use one of my passes to Club Acela and sit in the lounge before getting on the train. It also means I can board the train early and avoid the rush. I’m heading back up to New York two weeks later for vickyandnorm‘s boys and girls wedding shower.

I had a good day at work today. I spent most of the day writing perl scripts to process and transform data from Excel spreadsheets into a fairly sophisticated SQL database. I turned a corner on it today and things are looking good. I’m giving a briefing on this project to some senior directors on Thursday, and then another briefing next Tuesday at an “all hands” staff meeting. I like days like this when it really feels like I am making progress.

Dad’s birthday is coming up on Sunday. I got him a present that I think he’ll really enjoy. I just checked and it should be delivered to their house tomorrow. It’s a few days early, but that just means he can get a head start. (And when he reads this tonight, at least he’ll only have to be curious for 24 hours or so.)

I’m working from home tomorrow afternoon because Comcast is delivering my Digital DVR receiver which they couldn’t deliver and setup last Saturday. They will be here between 2 and 5 PM and so I’m leaving the office at noon. It means I don’t have to pack my lunch tomorrow, just a morning snack. It also means that I’ll have to go to the gym in Greenbelt tomorrow evening to do my cardio workout. I’m up at 5:30 tomorrow morning, which means I’m supposed to be in bed by 9:30 tonight, but its creeping up on 8 PM and I’m already tired so I might not make it to 9:30.

And my body is pretty sore. That’s pretty typical after not working out for a few weeks and then starting up again. I expect tomorrow will be the worst of it.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.