For folks who like lists:
- Pickup and install new bookshelves. (Done)
- Golden Age reading (up next Isaac Asimov’s “Not Final!” in the October 1941 Astounding)
- Start reading Robert J. Sawyer‘s serialized novel Triggers in the Jan/Feb 2012 Analog
- Figure out what book to read now that I’ve finished Stephen King’s 11/22/63. It is always hard for me to pick the next book after reading a really good one. I’m leaning toward Full Dark, No Stars, just to keep things going. But I also have Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84. I think I’m saving that one for the holiday break.
- At least 1,000 more words of fiction writing (500 today, 500 tomorrow).
- Put the finishing touches on my next Wayward Time Traveler column (4th in a mini-arc) and write the column after that one (because I have a good idea and because it feels good to be ahead of the curve).
- Scan into Evernote the accumulated pile of paper on my desk. (I’m several days behind.)
- Catch up on my backlog of New Scientist issues (working most recent to least recent).
- Catch up on my backlog of Scientific American (working most recent to least recent).
- Get a haircut.
These, of course, are all in addition to the usual family stuff, which this weekend may also include a visit to the Air & Space Museum Annex at by Dulles Airport to give the Little Man a chance to see some cool airplanes.
What’s keeping you busy this weekend?
Writing stuff (finished a book review, have some game turns to write)
Gaming with the Indiegamers.
Making up some homemade cranberry sauce for thanksgiving.
Dealing with a bit of snow that is now falling outside my window…