This is just a quick update. I’ve been very busy the last four or five days and so I am behind on several fronts. Just a few things to update and then I’ve got to get back to tackling my list:
- Today’s Going Paperless post (a good one, I think) is going to be pushed until tomorrow. I don’t have the time I need to do a final read and polish and I don’t want to rush it. You understand, right?
- I sat in traffic this morning for the first time in years, returning from Dulles Airport after delivering my Dad there for his flight home. But you know what? I was listening to an audio book and the traffic didn’t bother me in the least.
- I found that I had the Audible version of Stephen King’s Joyland on my iPhone when I woke up this morning. I plan to start reading on my lunchtime walk today.
- I also received Lauren Beukes new novel, The Shining Girls today. This wasn’t on my recent list of spring/summer reads, but it sounded too interesting to pass up.
- If all goes well, Thursday will be my 100th consecutive day of writing fiction. After 100 days, I think I’ve got the rhythm down. I’ve also collected a lot of data, which I’ve started to put together into an interesting infographic. You can expect that on Thursday or Friday.
- My head is buried in SQL code today so if you don’t see me around much, you know why.
- Happy birthday to my brother, Doug. It’s his Jack Benny birthday today. I remember mine fondly.
Can you believe it is June already? My “busy” season is just beginning!